The American Cancer Society is delighted to provide you with Road to Recovery services. Road To Recovery is a volunteer driven service that assists patients in need of transportation to and from their cancer treatments when available resources have been exhausted. Please review the guidelines listed below and contact our office if you have questions at (423) 975-0635.
· All calls for transportation should be received no later than the Thursday prior to the week of the scheduled appointment. This is extremely important as it gives our volunteer coordinator time to schedule our volunteers wisely for the upcoming week. We may not be able to schedule patients who call after the deadline.
· When requesting transportation, please have the following information available:
· Dates and Times of Treatment (including the approximate length of treatment)
· Type of Treatment
· Name and Location of Treatment Facility
· Emergency Contact
· Drivers are unable to lift patients or wheelchairs into or out of their vehicles. Patients requiring assistance will need to provide his/her own adult companion. Drivers are also unable to enter a patient’s residence.
· Per the American Cancer Society insurance policy, Road To Recovery volunteer drivers are unable to make any stops between the patients home and treatment facility.
· If you are unable to keep your appointment, or if a change in your appointment is made, please notify us immediately. This will allow us to more effectively meet your needs and those of other patients waiting for transportation.
· All patients and passengers are required to wear seatbelts when receiving Road to Recovery Transportation. Drivers are able to take the patient and one caregiver. If the caregiver needs to bring a child then arrangements must be made with the driver prior to pick up and the caregiver is responsible for having the proper age related car seat if needed. Any passenger under the age of 18 is under the responsibility of the caregiver.
We would also like to remind you of the American Cancer Society’s National Cancer Information Center that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year by contacting 1-800-227-2345 to speak with Cancer Information Specialist. Our local office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30 at 508 Princeton Road, Suite 102, in Johnson City, Tennessee. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any need or question you may have. We are here for you!
American Cancer Society of Northeast Tennessee
Click HERE for more info.